Wednesday, March 10, 2010

And what if he has hair in his ears?




Above I have inserted a video of the Aegean sea line, where my runs typically take place. This was taken on an incredibly cold day, as the weather seems to be fluctuating lately. For instance, last week we were rocking t-shirts until the evenings hours when only a light jacket was required - this week, if hail is not falling it should be. My plan, in order to spice up this blog, and hopefully provide interested readers with a greater feel for Thessaloniki is to begin taking videos around the city. In the next few days, i intend on taking all interested parties on a walk to the bus stop with me. If i can muster up the courage to reveal my American (English speaking) identity on the crowded streets then perhaps you can also expect a small narration by me. My hope is that the sun will come out, because as you can see even in the video I've already posted - the city's life expresses itself much more with the sun tearing down on it. What I will say, as an introduction to Thessaloniki, is that it is not (at face value) a beautiful city. Please take no offense, by that I mean it is no Paris.. or Aruba.. or Santorini for that matter, which if any of you have googled "Greece" would have more than likely familiarized yourself with the appearance of the island of Santorini not the actual cities. The city is more than beauty, I assure you, its offerings are much more valuable.
In addition, I recently began following a blog of a man in Rotterdam who simply has one goal. Aptly described, set the camera to a 2 second timer and run as far as you can. So, I tried this in my apartment. Let me restate - I tried this in my studio apartment. Upon reaching an obstacle, my bed, I hopped right over it. I'll say one thing, I'd do it again.

Let's take the "ex" out of experiment, for the good ones shouldn't be "ex"s - feel me kiddo?

1 comment: