Monday, March 8, 2010

Human nature, it's a choice you know?





It has been a few days since my last writing, this week has been a busy one. I am happy to say that Spring Break - is booked. Flights were done a couple weeks ago, last night we booked all hostels for Italy and we are in the final arrangements of the private tour through Cairo. A couple of exciting known plans, we will get to have a beautiful beach day on the sands of Italy, and a camel ride through the pyramids at Giza. If that isn't in the makings for a great time I just don't know what is. And the pasta I will get to eat.. those who know me well enough know my strong affiliation with carbohydrates and starches alike. I teach again tomorrow, I should have more to discuss at that point on that subject. I received a 95 on my first International Law exam. Hello :-) I have another exam on Tuesday in my Politics of Econ. Relations course, which will prove to be very challenging as I understand, the instructor however is an incredible mind. She is a very intelligent, well traveled woman who has made herself very accessible to students - man I wish she read this blog. At any rate, moments to pick apart her brain are always appreciated.
I've inserted a video for viewing pleasure, I understand my finger covers most of the screen but I do feel that there are times when the image behind is easily visible and understood, it's very short but I would recommend turning down the volume on your computers. This was the water condition the morning of one of my runs here in Thessaloniki, along the Aegean. I'll say it again, I run along the Aegean Sea. Hi, my name is Chelsea and I live six blocks from the mediterranean, so I run the sea line every morning. Would you believe that the Greek military is the most common honker of horns? (Finetically spelled) - " Koukla, Koukla!!" Which means "cutie" in essence. Efharisto.
I'd like to take this time to discuss a blossoming mind. I have come to realize the incredibly short amount of time I have in this life, and even more so the incredible possibilities that are at three arms reach.For instance, it is plausible that an individual from the states can go to a country, fall in love with it, and stay. It's a thought that has potential, who says you have to remain in your country of origin, who says the adventure of moving to a place you adore and starting over - isn't possible? As a descendant of a country made of other countries migrants, would it not be encouraged to continue the global population flow? There is this overly romanticized idea flowing that said individual could start a whole other lineage within their family, they could marry the foreign, create the foreign, and be forever known as the family member who started a new life in Greece. I told you, don't test me.
I'm discovering that maybe I don't know what I want to do after all. Maybe I just know where I want to be. Maybe it would be more important to choose a career that fits into my life, than choose a career that makes my life. I have a growing interest in religious diversity, political comedy, human rights, legal matters (Duh), language, business.. I wonder, who wants to pay me to just be a student all my life? With that thought, I leave you. A hot shower, a cup of coffee, and a slip into bed. Kalinihta Koukla-s.

4 comments:

  1. Uhhh... C. Can I be ure pet u drag on ur adventures?

    Ur Brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could just be my brother who comes willingly lol. Still hiking the app trail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is after college. My nearest goal is Triathlon. I feel as if I have to one up you somehow!

    ReplyDelete