Thursday, February 18, 2010

Give it a rest, the mic's not rocking to your beat.





Today lacked remark in most ways. I ended up coming home early because of a canceled class, which was perfect. It was a sunny, gorgeous day, the first of which I have actually walked around without a jacket. Until the evening came, and the chill returned. Last night, at Silver Dollar, the ladies and I found out about a local band which - from what I hear - is quite popular in these parts. They are playing Saturday night in the all too familiar, Aristotle's Square area.We have all decided that this is something we plan to attend, lawd lawd who is letting the Americans into the Thessaloniki music scene?

Is the moon upside down because we are on the opposite side of the world? :-)

6 comments:

  1. The band you're going to watch on Saturday is called "Deniro". Situation has it that for the past few months they have enjoyed quite a hefty amount of publicity.
    I'm hoping no one forgot to mention their lyrics are in greek, right?
    Enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, in all fairness Panos, even if they're lyrics were in English they would be original so we would not ahve the ability to sing along regardless. Don't you underestimate the optimisiticity ( yeah try that one on for size!) of the student mindset. We will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I didn't imply anything other than a great time. Just a matter of questioning "Did anyone even mention that?"

    Cheers C. Talk to you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going? Isn't the venue called Olympian?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olympion and I'm not sure yet. I guess I'll drop by for a drink. Half the band are friends anyway (some of them previous bandmates :P), I should go say hello at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep. we are hitting up the dollar tonight. if youre there - we shall run into then! see u sunday or saturday otherwise bubba.

    ReplyDelete