Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hello Hello Hello Hey Hi How you doing?

I have reformatted my apartment once again. This time I do believe it will stay this way. I admit, despite a common belief, I still very much enjoy public transportation. Taking the city bus to me, is like a ride through town worth seeing. I find a new location or shop or church that I would like to visit. I notice a characteristic or change in architecture that I had not seen before. In Thessaloniki it is my opinion that the basic architecture is fairly universal within the city, very much the same in most buildings. This is not a criticism, just an observation. However, those that know me are well aware of my undying fascination with architecture and its connection to not only time periods- but cities as well. So, I welcome the expected occasions when I see ancient churches. More so, I love riding up further through the hill towards Anatolia and finding a select few spanish style homes. Believe it or not, I have actually located a red and white house which suits very much many of the characteristics of homes on Monte Sano in Huntsville, AL. I will do my best to insert pictures to this blog at a later date.
On the subject of public transport, I'd like to discuss a certain sign. I noticed a sign which indicated priority seating. I searched for my camera to provide reference, but to no avail. In any regard, the priority seating (to me) at first glance indicated, elderly, disabled, women with small children, and people with briefcases. The elderly, were slightly shorter and leaned into a cane, this was simple. The image for the disabled took some time, as it is just a standing man with two lines under his hands, I assume that is meant to be taken as a wheelchair. Woman with baby, endaksi. But the person with a briefcase... now that was an odd one. I looked more closely and gladly figured out that it would make more sense that the briefcase was just a square pregnancy. A the interpretations of art. Hope this post finds all well and in good spirits, prosper on party people.

No comments:

Post a Comment